Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Welcome to our Palestine blog

Greetings and welcome to the blog for David and Katherine Mennicke's adventure to, in and back from Palestine.  One of my tasks on our trip is to post a (hopefully) daily blog about our experience.  We thought "The Lord is Our Shepherd"  was an appropriate title, given we're in the land of the Psalms of David, and it makes a nice connection to Christine's Lambchop blog.

We have been already gone from home for nearly two weeks (via Paris, Rome [unplanned], Jordan [Amman, Bethany on Jordan, Jerash, Mt. Nebo, Madaba, Petra, Wadi Rum, Aqaba], Israel [Eilat, Dead Sea, Arad, Masada, Ein Gedi, Tel Aviv] and Palestine [Jerusalem and Bethlehem]).  Up to now, David has been on the computer and this is my first chance to get on it (after we worked out the Arabic instructions that came up for posting on the blog!).  The blog entries are from my notebook, and I'll post date them so you get a feel of how our trip has proceeded.  I'm a bit intimidated by this task--my first experience with a blog--and I feel a bit like Ralph Wiggum below from the Simpsons.  So please bear with me as we figure this out  :)  Thanks for the support and prayers we received from so many of you.  We hope you enjoy following our trip at your leisure, and we wish you God's blessings!
http://media2.giphy.com/media/avPzMKapzB8D6/200_s.gif

1 comment:

  1. I'm finally getting around to reading this! I'm excited to catch up on your travels.

    ReplyDelete